Cove

Cove
@molefacekillah

Monday, September 6, 2010

NORWAY KILLIN' IT

Whooooa. It's been far too long. I have been insanely occupied readjusting to a madison lifestyle I'm not fit to live. Whatever the  hell that means. Summer's over. Quality > quantity, my friends.


Anyways, I don't know what God blessed Norwegian men with vocal chords of gold but probably the same one which hooked it up with height... Either way I love it and you will too with my Top-3-catchy/cute/poppy/pretty/folky-Songs-via-Norway (that's the best I could come up with).

UNO: STORNOWAY
I need to ask the homeboy Isak in Oslo what Zorbing means. Whatever it is, this song blew my mind. Definitely in my top 5 from the summer. His vocals with the subtle accent were all I needed until this horn break down comes in out of nowhere...

DOS: Erlend Øye and Eirik Glambek Bøe


AKA Kings of Convenience via Bergen, Norway (I've been there!) Besides amazing names they make amazing music. I've been trying to post this for soo long. I only realized recently however, that these guys are from Norway too so what better opportunity.

Download: Kings of Convenience- Boat Behind


DOS 1/2: Röyksopp VS. Kings of Convenience (obscure remix success)


I'm usually not into fucking with obscure remixes (where I don't know the original song) but I'm glad this one popped up playing because it's effin' dope. The highly successful, Röyksopp "pronounced [ˈɾøʏksɔp]" (hah, thank you wikipedia...) hit their fellow countrymen with a nice spanish guitar type beat that really makes the song stay with you in a very nice way..
Download: Kings of Convenience- I Don't Know What I Can Save You From (Royskopp Remix)


DOS 3/4: NORWEEZY
Mash up alert, haters! I'm sure you've heard Royksopp's hit single, Happy Up Here off their 2009 album but have you heard this...?? Hood internet struck gold with this one.

Download: The Hood Internet- Comfortable Up Here (Lil Wayne vs. Royksopp)


TRES: And the list would not be complete without...


The Casiokids! This song alwaaays gets me in a good mood. I think I actually posted it a very long time ago but why not again. They've got some other good tracks but at this point I'm am waaayy done with this post and just want to take a nap! 

Download: Casiokids- Finn Bikkjen! (Isak, aren't you friends with these guys?)


Inge, Lock or Isak, if I'm missing some good ones off the list I'm sure you'll let me know.
Also want to wish Evan who leaves tomorrow for Austria for a year safe and successful travels. Do it big, playboy. We'll miss ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment