Cove

Cove
@molefacekillah

Monday, January 3, 2011

A Swedish Dichotomy

The M.F.K. sleuthing agency strikes again...


My brother recently showed me this music video (released several months ago) from Thieves Like Us for their fabuloso song, Shyness. The clips used and edited up (pretty well, I thought)  in the video are from the film, A Swedish Love Story (Roy Andersson, 1970).....


But the plot thickens! A couple months ago, Diamond Messages released the video for their fabuloso song, Liquid Summer. I don't know if this is a complete coincidence, your standard bite, or they contracted the same video guy and he's pullin' a fast one... but I was pretty surprised to see not only use of the same film, but a pretty similar selection of clips as well.

Either way, it's interesting to note the way in which the similar array of shots can evoke very different feelings, captivate in unique ways blah blah blah, given the difference in the two songs' sounds and vibes. I won't say which I liked more. Check them out:


Download: Thieves Like Us- Shyness


Download: Diamond Messages- Liquid Summer


Tried tracking this up on Netflix with no avail. Pretty sure I am in love with that Swedish girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment