Cove

Cove
@molefacekillah

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Before & After Pt. 3



yoooooooooooooooo, so sorry for the hiatus. I've been super fuggin busy, moving back, working, reassessing my life... bull shit like that. Remember those before & after sampled songs posts? No? well you should consider going to looking them up... in the mean time, here's a new one. BOOM BAP.


ONE: SLING THE DUTCHIE
I posted a great Star Slinger song a while ago and now I've got another one. But he couldn't fool me this time... Pass the Dutchie by Youth Generation? Ever seen the video? Ready or not....


BEFORE:



AFTER:
Here the slinger does another nice chop job and makes this a nice little banger for my thurstday ya digg?

Download: Star Slinger- Pass the Dutchie


TWO: HELLO IT'S ME//IF YOU WANT IT
.... Do it like TV Girl did. I posted this right when I got it a few posts ago. So happy i have an excuse to do so again. The incorporation of sampling and pseudo hip hop beats in indie music has really popped off in the last couple years-- what with the passion pits and neon indian induced chill wave craze. But I must say, I haven't heard any group do it quite this exquisitely. Props, bros.


BEFORE:
I don't know what's better the song or the introduction? Or his outfit?



AFTER:

Download: TV Girl- If You Want It


THREE: ZE HIP HÓP...


My boy evan aka éban aka erg aka mirg aka DJ xplore (yes ladies, producer of the Morse Code Remix) found yet again another obscure sample (one to add on to his already prestigious record). This one comes in the form of an old reggae tune. I posted this classic track way back in one of my first few posts evurr. Still sounds fresh as heeeell though. And now we've got some context..... Betty Wright 1971, go!

BEFORE:

















AFTER:

I can't find a good version for a sample hearing. Just put a little fait in me and download it. It's one of my favorite songs. AND Nas is on it. I thought you loved Nas, baby?
Download: Ms. Dynamite- Di-Na-Mi-Tee (ft. Nas)


Sorry this post isn't very aesthetically pleasing. Blogspot fucking blows. But this doesn't:


No comments:

Post a Comment