Cove

Cove
@molefacekillah

Thursday, February 25, 2010

The revolution will not be televised

... It will be radio-ised..... via Money Malc's radio show. But take note... the time changed. THURSDAY 8:00-10:00 aka NOW, MO' FUCKAS... one hour left of bangers. As usual, I am going to hand the commentary over to malc to accompany three tracks for your downloading pleasure (as are all songs on this biitch) that he will be playing tonight/now...

Take it away, Malc...

I'm in the library, knee-deep in one of the most pointless, ambiguous assignments I've ever been asked to do, elementary school and kindergarten included. I hope I can figure out what in the world I'm supposed to be writing about before I turn 20. The T-Wolves just completely choked in the fourth quarter against the Hawks, and this girl right next to me is watching youtube and stifling her laughter, which sounds like a chair squeaking or an excited mouse, both of which are more annoying than actual laughter. There is a party in my dorm (fewer than 50 yards from the library) happening as I type this so I really want to get out of here.


ONE.) This song is a collaboration between two new-ish, really talented artists. Sometimes I hear certain artists and I just think to myself: "You get it. You understand what people like to listen to. You understand what sounds good. You just made that sound far better than most people could ever hope to sound in their lifetime."

I think that Jay Electronica, J. Period, and Nneka understand the formula. This track is simple, hard-hitting, and as catchy as crabs. I can't get the chorus out of my head, not that that's something I would want. I think my mom would love this song.

Patrick: I also would just like to give a shout out to Jane Kerr.

Link: Walking (J.Period Remix) f. Jay Electronica- Nneka
 
TWO.) Objectiv One takes "This is How We Do It," strips it of the already-dope Slick Rick sample and redresses it with some silky smooth jazz. As a general rule, mixing one good ingredient with another good ingredient usually produces a great product. This is the same logic behind peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, boy bands, and thousand-island dressing. Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner..


Patrick: This is a dope beat. I just can't seem to listen to jazz flute seriously after Anchorman though. Objective one did the Drake and Washed out mash up in a post earlyurrrr.


Link: This Is How We Do It (South Central Jazz Festival Mash Up) (Montell Jordan Vs. Hubert Laws)- Objektiv One



THREE.) The 50 Cent classic redone with acoustic steel drums. I think that steel drums are
arguably the coolest sounding instrument humans have ever invented. Prince of Ballard figured that out before I did though. Alright. I need to get back to work.

Patrick: Glad my blog could satisfy your procrastination needs, homeboy.

Link: PIMP (Prince of Ballard O.G. Edit)- 50 Cent


Listen to my show, read Thizzberg's blog and enjoy your thursday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment